Child Care Grants
Application deadline was February 21, 2020. Notifications will be sent to applicants in early April 2020.
There are a limited number of child care grants for INTERMAG 2020 Conference participants who are bringing young children to the meeting or who incur extra expenses in leaving their children at home. The grant is one per participant and can be up to US$400 for children over 5 years of age and up to US$800 for children under 5 years of age. The deadline for submitting applications is 21 February 2020. Recipients will be notified upon approval of their application in early April 2020.
What expenses are allowable?
- Daycare expenses at the meeting
- Extra daycare expenses incurred at home because the primary caregiver was attending the meeting (e.g., overtime at a daycare center, cost of a sitter)
- Expenses incurred in bringing a babysitter (or family member acting as caregiver) to the meeting to care for the child
How do I apply for a child care grant?
- After your presentation has been accepted, complete the Child Care Grant Application Form by 21 February 2020.
- Recipients will be notified upon approval of their application in early April 2020.
How do I receive my child care grant funds?
- Approved applicants must submit receipts showing the extra expenses incurred no later than May 29, 2020.
- Allow up to six weeks to receive your reimbursement.
Contact ChildCareSupport@intermag2020.com with additional questions.
NOTE: There will be no Conference sponsored child care services at the meeting. The Conference does not sanction or recommend child care providers, and does not assume responsibility or liability for child care services of any sort. It is the responsibility of the parent(s) to thoroughly investigate all child care providers.