Student Travel Grants
Application deadline is February 21, 2020. Notifications will be sent to applicants in early April 2020.
The 2020 Intermag Conference will offer travel grants to a limited number of students working in the areas of basic and applied magnetism who wish to attend the Conference. The Conference grants will be in the amount of $1,000 USD. These grants are intended to partially offset travel and local costs related to participation in INTERMAG 2020.
Student Travel Grant Eligibility
- Support is for current graduate students only. Postdoctoral fellows, undergraduates or non-students are not eligible.
- The student must be presenting a paper at the Conference.
- The student's advisor must submit a letter of recommendation and must be a member of the IEEE Magnetics Society.
- The student must NOT have previously received an IEEE Magnetics Society travel grant for any other Conference.
- Preference for these grants will be given to those applicants who are student members of the Magnetics Society, nearing completion of their graduate studies and presenting conference papers.
- Shortly after the Conference recipients will be asked to submit a short account of their Conference experience for
possible inclusion in the Society Newsletter.
How do I Apply for a Travel Grant?
- To apply, the student must complete and submit the online application form.
- The student’s advisor must submit a letter of endorsement.
- A letter of recommendation from an additional Magnetics Society member must also be submitted.
- Only complete applications will be considered.
- Applicants will be notified of the committee's decision in early April.
- The deadline for submitting applications and letters of endorsement is 5:00 PM EST on February 21, 2020.
Note: All grant recipients are required to complete either a W8 or W9 before payment is issued. Complete details will be provided to successful applicants.